Boxifier can help you mirror a folder located outside of the Dropbox folder on different computers. Here is how to do that:
- Install Dropbox and Boxifier on both PCs.
- On the first computer:
- Locate the folder that you want to mirror and set it up to be synchronized. The folder will sync to a corresponding location in Dropbox (e.g. "Dropbox \ Boxifier \ Folder Name").
- On the second computer:
- Go to Dropbox Selective Sync settings and make sure that the corresponding folder is unchecked, while its parent folder (e.g. "Boxifier") is checked.
- Navigate to the location outside of the Dropbox folder where you want to mirror the folder from the first computer.
- Create an new folder and name it like the folder that you want to mirror from the first computer.
- Right-click the newly-created folder and click Boxifier - Sync with Dropbox (or just drag the folder to the Boxifier application window).
- In the window that appears make sure to set it up to sync to the same location in Dropbox as the folder from the first computer.
- If the corresponding location in Dropbox matches and all previous steps were performed correctly, you should see a green "Relink" button. If you don't see that button please make sure to follow all the previous steps or contact our customer support team for help.
- Click the green "Relink" button.
- Go to Dropbox Selective Sync settings and check the corresponding folder (the one that you unchecked in step 3.1 above) so that it starts syncing.
- When you click "Update", Dropbox will apply selective sync settings and restart.
- Once Dropbox restarts the contents of the folder from the first computer will start syncing to the second computer. If the folder is large, please note that this can take a while.
- You are done. Since the synchronization process works both ways, any changes that you make on one computer will be mirrored on the other.
If you have any questions regarding the above instructions or need any help, please contact our customer support team.