Suppose that you have an existing team folder named "Penguins" in your Dropbox account, located in the top level.
1. Go to Dropbox preferences into "Selective Sync Settings" and uncheck the "Penguins" team folder so that it doesn't sync to the Dropbox folder on your computer.
2. Click "Update" and wait for Dropbox to finish applying selective sync settings.
3. On the network share/drive create a folder and name it "Penguins" (not necessarily need to match the name of the team folder in Dropbox).
4. Right-click the newly created "Penguins" folder or just drag it to the Boxifier window in order to set it up for syncing.
5. By default the folder would sync as a subfolder of the "Boxifier" folder in Dropbox, but that's not what you are looking for. You want to sync to the existing "Penguins" location in the top-level, so you will click on the folder tree/diagram and then select the root of the Dropbox account.
6. Click OK and you should see that the tree/diagram changed to reflect that you are syncing to the top-level "Penguins" folder.
7. If steps 1-6 were performed correctly then you should see a green "Relink" button.
8. By clicking the "Relink" button you should now see the team folder added to the Boxifier interface with a gray link/chain icon.
9. Go back to Dropbox selective sync settings and check the "Penguins" team folder. Click "Update" and wait for selective sync settings to be applied and for Dropbox to be restarted.
10. Dropbox will get restarted and files will start to sync to the "Penguins" team folder on the network drive. Please note that checking that folder in selective sync will not make it take space in the local Dropbox folder, just on the network drive.
This feature is available with Boxifier Business Plus, Boxifier Business Pro, Boxifier Business Server and Boxifier Power Server.
If you have any questions regarding the above instructions or need any help, please contact our customer support team.