Suppose that your external hard needs to be replaced, and now you want to restore all your synced folders to a new drive. Here is how to achieve this:
- Go to Dropbox preferences into "Selective Sync Settings" and make sure that the Boxifier folder is checked and all the subfolders are unchecked.
- Create new folders on the external drive, and name them to match the previously synced folders in your Dropbox.
- Then you can go and right-click a folder from your new external drive to relink it. Choose "Boxifier - Sync with Dropbox" and a window will open. If the name matches an existing folder in your Dropbox then you will see a green Relink button in that window.
- Do this for all folders that you want to relink.
- After you've right-clicked and clicked Relink for all those folders you can go to the Selective Sync settings in Dropbox and check them so they start syncing with the folders outside of Dropbox.
That's all you need to do.